This post is about an extremely powerful sales app. If you have an iPhone, you’re going to want to pay VERY close attention.
By now, we all understand the power of Rapportive, right? If not, take a crash course here and here. Rapportive allows you to research prospects directly from your email process in Gmail….without leaving your email tab, and without manually searching for anything.
Now it is *
When using Intro, you can see the LinkedIn profile for the person that is emailing you. Right in iOS. It’s basically Rapportive for your iPhone. Here is a side by side comparison of before and after LinkedIn Intro:
Pretty crazy huh? Here is why this is so cool:
- Now you can get the full scoop on someone directly from your iPhone email: mutual connections, pictures, work history
- You can connect with them on LinkedIn without leaving your phone email process
- You can tailor your message to who they are based on their profile
In order for LinkedIn to provide all this magic, you must hand over access of you email. For many,that’s going to be a tough pill to swallow. Not only are you giving LinkedIn free access to your entire mail server, you’re also letting them inject arbitrary HTML back into the messages you read. This lets them know everything about your email. I’m sure LinkedIn’s intentions are good but whether it will be safe, nobody can answer that.
So you have a decision to make. Take the risk and get the reward? Or play it safe?
I downloaded it yesterday, but my tech team may not be happy with me…I just want to close more deals.
Latest posts by Kyle Porter (see all)
- Every Important Execution Step In The Sales Development Process - October 1, 2014
- Announcing SalesLoft Cadence: The Application Of Record For The Sales Development Team - September 2, 2014
- What Every Sales Development Pro Needs to Know About Email Personalization - June 25, 2014