Tony Stark (above) is the alter ego of superhero Iron Man.
For those who don’t know, Tony is a genius. He’s a billionaire business mogul and an expert in nearly every field of engineering. He is accomplished, well respected, and internationally recognized for his achievements.
On many measurement scales, Tony Stark would be the perfect human.
In order to save the world and rid it of villains, Tony must be more than human. With an arc reactor and armored suit, Tony partners with machine.
Now Tony can fly….literally.
He has superhuman strength and durability. He has regenerative life support. The dude has freaking missiles and energy blasts.
You can be the same way.
Great sales people are the perfect human. They ask strategic questions and sit back and listen. They are experts on the phone. They understand the problems of their clients and present great solutions. They’re witty, charming, intelligent, and get shit done.
In order to crush quota like an Iron Man villain, you also need to partner with machine. And your machine, my friends, is the internet.
With the power of the internet you can
- Quickly research your buyers, understanding who they are and what they like (tools like LinkedIn, Newsle, Nutshell, and TalkWalker Alerts).
- You can prospect faster, generating the most accurate and targeted lists of leads for your business (InsideView, SalesLoft).
- You can streamline communication through correspondence templates & email/CRM tools, tracking opens and activity (like YesWare, Voxa, ToutApp, & Signals).
- You can present to more people in a day than your human counterparts can in a week (ConnectAndSell, InsideSales.com, Join.me)
- You can prepare and get proposals signed with ease (Docusign, Echosign)
- You can monitor metrics, performance, and instill competition (Rivalry, InsightSquared, Domo).
In sales, you can do more, faster and stronger with the internet.
So wear it well my friends.
The future of our industry, as well as your business and livelihood depend on it.
Latest posts by Kyle Porter (see all)
- Every Important Execution Step In The Sales Development Process - October 1, 2014
- Announcing SalesLoft Cadence: The Application Of Record For The Sales Development Team - September 2, 2014
- What Every Sales Development Pro Needs to Know About Email Personalization - June 25, 2014